Sunday, July 24, 2011

Desrosiers 1 shed, 11

We had this old wooden shed in the backyard when we moved in, I was convinced someone or something was living in it. Anyways our insurance compance wouldn't give us insurance unless we either put the shed on the ground, or removed it. The shed was up on cinder blocks and they were worried it would blow over.

Now, feel free to comment if you think that particular bit of bureaucratic nonsense is as ridiculous as I do, but since we have a chow chow State Farm is the only insurance company that will even insure us, so I do what they want.

So first step when demoing anything, remove the roof right? I honestly have no idea what I am doing but it seems if I could get the roof off with Kyle, then the rest should be easy... In retrospect we should have knocked out all the boards on all the walls first, then taken down one wall and let the roof come down...

After three of us step on rusty nails (I'm the only one who strikes skin rigt after Jenn tells me to be careful of the nail that I step on... Shes a witch, I swear it...) and are cut scraped and bruised, but the shed is firmly in the dumpster...

It was rotten almost to the core too, so it's a good thing I'm getting rid of it. At least, that's what I am going to tell myself when I shell out a couple of grand to by another one in a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment