Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I probably should have listened to her...

So things are progressing well, we've even got trim up in a couple of rooms, there will be a barrage of posts later this week when I get around to them, for now its night after night of working on the house... Patching drywall, replacing lights, recepticals, building a desk, you name it...

When we tore up the floor in my office we discovered a rank smell, mold worthy, but we didn't think it was mold. When we actually got the vinyl flooring up it was discovered to be the source of the smell! Once we got it outside the smell died down to almost nothing, except under the stair. We bought this neat product called Damp b Gone (real name to be added later) and while I was skeptical I thought 8$, its cheaper than most apps in the app store..

The premise is a bag of mystery stuff sitting over a canister. The mystery stuff apparently captures the water which is then considered brine (salt is involved somewhere, ya think?) and drops into the canister below... Again, sounds almost magical but I put it under the stairs and promptly forgot about it. This week the contractor was finally back to finish the flooring in the main room and he decided he would do the closet. He pulled out the damp b gone, and sure enough it was half full of water! However the mold smell was still pretty bad.

It was then that we found that we had a leak in a pipe, not just any pipe, but the main water pipe to the house. Now, you know I hate plumbing, and its the one thing that Jenn doesn't think I can do, so of course I have to prove her wrong...



Not sure if that video worked, and excuse the amateurish filming...:) I'm new to this..


1 comment:

  1. note to self, blogger video is horrible. If you are a night bird hang on, better video inbound...

    ReplyDelete