Monday, March 14, 2011

The saga continues, seriously...

I know I'm whining, and I'll get over it once the house is actually ours, or at least will stop whining about this topic, but seriously this is messed up. On Thursday of last week, the bank tells me, you are cleared to close, you could close today if you wanted to.... so I schedule a close for monday, take a day off work and think I am rock solid.

Friday, I check in with my lawyer, he tells me they are still bouncing things around, and that we probably won't know until Monday morning if we are closing on Monday. Monday morning comes, 9am I am on the phone calling everyone to make sure we are closing... Lawyer says the banks holding things up, bank says lawyer is crazy.... call the selling lawyer, they blame the selling bank... for 4 hours I am on the phone with various people, with my blood pressure rising 5 pts with each phone call, until finally at 12:30 they decide, we're closing. Can I be there at 1:30...

They are an hour away, and I have to get a bank draft for the money that we need, so I drop Jenn off (shes not on the mortgage ya see, and so not needed for the closing in my mind) run over to the bank, withdraw the funds, rush over to the signing and at 1:20 my lawyer emails me and asks, is your wife with you, she will have to sign too... So I get there, start signing the inch thick stack of papers and they ask can your wife come at some point today and sign... Sure, once I am done signing they ask is she on her way? When, in the last 45 minutes that we have been together, did you see me get out my phone and call my wife and tell her to come to a location that she doesn't know?

No, shes not coming, I have to go get her... jump in the car, drive the hour back, grab Jenn, jump back in the car, drive back again for her to sign, 3 pieces of paper... thank GOD she didn't need ID because she never carries it.. she's afraid that if she is ever lucky enough to get hit by a bus and forget who she is, that someone will be able to return her to her family... she'd rather be Jane for the rest of her life... anyways, its all done, or is it? The seller is not there to sign, the package has to be sent to San Fran (where the selling bank is located, how they ended up with a property in NJ should tell you how screwed up the banking industry is these days) for review, acceptance and signature...

Wait what? Acceptance? Why the hell am I signing, and handing over my life savings, if they still have to accept it...?!?! 24-48 hours I am told we will know if we actually have a house, and if it weren't for the copy of the key I made, I still wouldn't have a key to the damn place...So, still have a beard, still can't sleep, still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment