Monday, March 14, 2011

Shh.... I can't tell you.... but they signed!

Editors Note: Written January 20th, 2011

Not that any of this is going live, but Jenn is paranoid that if we tell anyone any of our good news it will go sour. She might be right, our bank is not happy with me because I had another bank look into giving me a mortgage (his rate was worse actually so it was a bad plan) but I didn't tell anyone! All I did was trim my beard...

Wait, beard? Oh yeah forgot about that part. Like the hockey players that make it to the finals, I decided to stop shaving until we heard back from the bank. We signed our side on December 22nd, and didn't hear back from the bank until the 19th of January. Thats 6 months that we have been working on this deal... if it does fall apart, I'm done with real estate for awhile... But so far it looks good, we should be closing on or before the 3rd of March. I'd prefer the 20th, because that is when my preferential mortgage rate that i have been holding since August expires.. and its a 0.25% difference so it is significant...

More to come, once we have signed I will be mass releasing all of my posts, and then the real fun starts with the renovation. Just think, while time consuming, this part of the process is the "easy" part.... imagine what the rest will be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment